Muskoka Hot Yoga Studio Etiquette Tips for Yogi’s and Yogini’s
- Online registration is strongly advised. If you are not able to register for the class before arrival, please ensure you arrive at least 20 mins before class, especially if you are new to the studio. Drop In’s are always welcome, however space can not be guaranteed.
- We are a small boutique studio with limited space. Please ensure you deregister your spot online a minimum of 2 hours before the start of class to allow another yogi to take your spot. If you are unclear how to do this, please ask when in the studio. We are happy to walk you through it.
- Please remove all shoes/boots upon entering the Alternis Health clinic. There is a black shoe rack and mat to leave your footwear upon entering the clinic. We ask that you do not wear shoes or boots past the red studio entrance door.
- Please leave all personal items in the hot studio reception area. Bring only your mat, towel and water into the hot studio room. Keep all hats, jackets, purses, yoga bags, socks, cell phones etc., in the hot studio reception area.
- Please leave all cell phones in the studio reception area. Phones are not permitted in the hot studio. Ringers and vibration mode are to be turned OFF while in your jacket or purse in the studio reception area. Make a habit of doing this as soon as you get to the yoga studio. Exceptions are if you are a professional that is on call (physician, EMT, Leader of the Free World) please notify the teacher and keep your phone or pager on silent and within close proximity to you. Thank you for honouring this policy.
- The studio door is locked once class begins, ensuring the safety of all your personal belongings.
- Arrive to class hydrated. There is a water cooler to refill your water bottle if needed. Some like to add electrolytes to their water. You can purchase electrolytes, or simply add a pinch of sea salt, or baking soda to your water bottle.
- Leave your ego at the door. This is your practice. Listen to your body, if you need to take Child’s pose or Savasana do so. There is no shame in listening to your body. Some days you have more energy than others.
- Yes, you can talk before and after class using a soft voice. Please be mindful of other yogis who make take the time to meditate. Once class begins however, it is best to focus on your practice. Jam classes are less formal and breaking out in song is encouraged during the flow, as is shaking your tail feather on your mat if so inspired!
- Ensure you have practiced good hygiene before you come to yoga. Using scented perfumes, deodorants etc is frowned upon. The studio is chemical free.
- Wear comfortable clothing. Ladies, yoga pants or shorts with a top. Men, yoga pants or shorts. Shirt is optional.
- Enjoy Savasana. Your final relaxation in Savasana is an important part of your practice. If you must leave early, tell the teacher in advance and take a short Savasana before you go.
Be prepared to feel amazing, calm and rejuvenated like never before!