Muskoka Hot Yoga Studio Etiquette Tip for Yogi’s and Yogini’s
- Online registration is strongly advised. If you are not able to register for the class before arrival, please ensure you arrive at least 20 mins before class, especially if you are new to the studio. Drop In’s are always welcome, space can not be guaranteed.
- We are a small boutique studio with limited space. Please ensure you deregister your spot online a minimum of 2 hours before the start of class to allow another yogi to take yours spot.
- Remove all shoes/boots upon entering the clinic. There is a black shoe rack and mat to leave your footwear.
- No personal items allowed in the hot studio, except your mat and water. Keep all hats, jackets, purses, yoga bags, socks, cell phones etc., in the studio reception area.
- No Cell phones in the Hot Studio. Ringers and vibration mode are to be turned OFF while in your jacket or purse in the studio reception area. Make a habit of doing this as soon as you get to the yoga studio. If you are a professional that is on call (physician, EMT, Leader of the Free World) please notify the teacher and keep your phone or pager on silent and within close proximity to you. This is STRONGLY discouraged. Having a cell or pager go off during Savasana or a deep relaxation is just not cool.
- Ensure you go to the washroom before you start class. If you must go during class, do so quietly. The best time to go is when there is a period of rest, either in child’s pose or down dog.
- Arrive to class hydrated. Bring water to every class. It’s hot, you will sweat and you will need water during the practice. Some like to add electrolytes to their water. You can purchase electrolytes, or simply add a pinch of sea salt, or baking soda to your water bottle.
- Leave your ego at the door. This is your practice. Listen to your body, if you need to take Child’s pose or Savasana do so. There is no shame in listening to your body. Some days you have more energy than others.
- Yes you can talk before and after class. Once class begins however, it is best to focus on your practice. Jam classes are less formal and breaking out in song is encouraged during the flow, as is shaking your tail feather on your mat if so inspired!
- Ensure you have practiced good hygiene before you come to yoga. Do not use scented perfumes, deodorants etc.
- Wear comfortable clothing. Ladies, yoga pants or shorts with a top. Men, yoga pants or shorts. Shirt is optional.
- Don’t skip Savasana. Your final relaxation in Savasana is an important part of your practice. Don’t plan to leave class early. If you must, tell the teacher in advance and take a short Savasana before you go.
Be prepared to feel amazing, calm and rejuvenated like never before!